Supported Image Editing Apps for Mac
To install the Focus Magic plugin for Mac:-
- Close Photoshop (if it is open)
- Save the “FocusMagic500d.plugin.zip” file, if you haven’t yet done so
- Double-click the “FocusMagic500d.plugin.zip” file to extract the “FocusMagic64.plugin” file if it wasn’t automatically extracted
- Move the “FocusMagic64.plugin” file to the appropriate plugins folder – deleting the original file if there is one (see paths below)
- For step 3 if you end up with a file/folder named “FocusMagic64.plugin 2” (or 3, 4, etc.), then delete those files/folders AND delete the “FocusMagic64.plugin” file, and then go back to Step 3.
- Do not double-click the .plugin file to launch it. If you are using Photoshop, you’ll find “Focus Magic” on the “Filters” menu.
1 Due to a Photoshop CS6 bug, retina displays are not supported with Focus Magic on CS6.